Renew Energy’s nutrient recovery technology is a further development of the traditional biogas plant. In the anaerobic digestion process, bacteria convert organic waste into energy and produce a significantly improved residual product. Organic bound fertilizers are converted into inorganic fertilizers more accessible for plant uptake. In the separation technology, the degassed biomass will be refined to clean process water, nitrogen fertilizers such as ammonia sulfate, compost with high phosphorous content, and potassium concentrate.
Nutrient Recovery Technology Advantages
- The environmentally friendly fertilizer from the separation plant can be adjusted to crops far better than traditional livestock manure. The plants’ absorption of the nutrients is much more effective. Thus, the leaching of nutrients to streams and ground water is reduced to a minimum.
- By producing biogas from crude slurry and utilizing the biogas, the release of methane and carbon dioxide that would be produced in on-farm containment is reduced. Furthermore, conversion of organic waste at the biogas plant improves the environment by reducing CO2 emission caused by energy production based on coal and oil.
- The concentrated fertilizer product reduces the farmer’s need for storage and transport. Further, it reduces damage from wheel tracks and unnecessary pressure on the fields.
- When the water is separated from the fertilizer, the result is not only a more concentrated fertilizer product but also purified water that can be irrigated on the fields or upgraded to drinking water quality.
- All pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and weed seeds from the waste products are totally degraded. Further, odor nuisances from slurry and waste are completely removed.